There will be times where you want to make an area within your res that has different flags than the rest of the res. This can be accomplished using subzones. A subzone is a res within a res.
Making a subzone is done in the same way you make a res. You can use the Selection tool (wooden hoe) or the text commands. Make the selection points within the res where you want to subzone then type:
/res subzone <SubzoneName>
Now you have a subzone. Setting flags for your subzone is the same as setting flags for your res. If you stand inside your subzone you can set flags that will only effect the subzone, not the remaining res outside its borders. If you are not standing in the subzone but want to set a flag in it, you must type:
/res set <ResidenceName.SubzoneName> <flag> <true/false/remove>
Removing a subzone is the same as removing a whole res.
Either stand in the subzone and type:
or if you are outside the subzone, type:
/res remove <ResidenceName.SubzoneName>
Some examples you could use subzones for are:
- Public farm
- Crafting area
- Mob grinder
- A lot within your res you want to rent out or sell
- /res default - Restores residence to default flags.
- /res give <residence> <player> - Gives residence to another player. Player must be online and you have to own the residence.
- /res message <residence> <enter/leave> <message> - sets a enter or leave area message. You can ommit <residence> to use the one your standing in.
- /res message <residence> remove <enter/leave> - removes a enter or leave message.
- /res mirror <source> <target> - mirrors permissions from one residence to another. You must be owner of both to do this.
- /res rename - <OldName> <NewName> Rename a residence. For subzones, OldName must the the full name(parent.subzone), while NewName is only the new name.
- /res unstuck - moves you outside the protected area your in